The circulation service counter
Patrons borrowing and returning books
The circulation service counter is where library patrons borrow and return books
- Orientation of Patrons
- Registering users
- Lending and Checkout of materials to library users
- Checking- in materials returned
- Monitoring materials for damage and routing them to the appropriate staff for repair or replacement
- Collecting statistics on library use i.e. patron transactions, material checkouts, etc.
- Charging and receipting overdue fines.
- Writing and dispatching overdue notices
- Public relations
- Reprographic services e.g. photocopying services
- Clearance of students and staff on completion of their stay at KU