This facilitates equitable circulation of information resources among all users.
Information materials borrowed on regular loan are all issued at the circulation section.
Short loan materials are issued from the Circulation Section and at the Education Subject Counter
Lending Regulations and penalties
- Only registered students of Kenyatta University and Staff are entitled to borrow materials.
- All library users MUST produce their Student /Staff identification card before borrowing any information material.
- Lost or mutilated information materials on loan will be replaced at the market cost of the information materials plus KSh. 500. processing charges.
- Information materials borrowed on regular loan and not returned on the due date will be charged KSh. 5/= on the 1st day and KSh. 2/= for the rest of the days.
- Information Borrowed on short loan and not returned on time will be charged Ksh. 5/= per hour.
Recall of Materials on Loan
The Librarian may recall any information material on loan from a user by notice which shall specify return of the same. If a user does not return the item as specified, he shall incur a fine of Kshs. 5 per book per day.
Photocopy services are offered at the following rates: Photocopy- KSh. 2/= per page.This is done within the permissible copying limits as per Copyright Act.
The library subscribes to e-books and e-journals which can be accessed from all Library computer labs. These can also be accessed from the library if a user has a laptop through wireless connectivity.
Library Service Charter