Ruiru Campus Library
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY RUIRU CAMPUS LIBRARY
LOCATION: Kenyatta University Ruiru campus is located in Ruiru off Thika Highway.
DAY OPENING TIME CLOSING TIME
Monday – Friday 8.00 a.m. 10.00 p.m.
Saturday 9.00 a.m. 10.00 p.m.
Sunday 9.00 a.m. 5.00 p.m.
NB: The Library is closed during public holidays
A. STAFFING: The library has seven members of staff.
B. CLIENTELE: The campus library serves approximately 1000 KU students on full time and open-learning program.
C. LIBRARY SERVICES: Some of the services offered in our library include: lending services, current awareness services, online and offline database searches, and reference services.
D. OPAC: The library has two computers that are designated for students to access the Online Public Access Catalogue. This section is adjacent to the Circulation desk. Patrons can be guided on how to access the catalogue and online resources which include Journals, Thesis, Books and Past exam papers by the library staff working at the circulation desk.
E. COMPUTER LAB: This section enables the users to access e-resources subscribed by the library. To date there are 11 computers in this section. Configuration of laptops for registered library patrons, training on how to access e-resources training is also done here.
F. INFORMATION RESOURCES: The library collection has grown tremendously with a collection of 10, 436 books, 201 thesis, and 82 compact disks. The library subscribes to e-books and e-journals which can be accessed from the Library Computer Lab.
To enable the users to access our collection with reasonable ease, the collection has been divided as follows:
1. SHORT LOAN SECTION: This is a section within the Circulation desk which has books that are on high demand. All books in this section are borrowed for three hours and used within the library.
2. REFERENCE SECTION: This is a Reference section for dictionaries, books almanacs, encyclopedias and other materials which can only be used inside the library.
3. THESES AND PROJECTS COLLECTION: Theses collection are located at the circulation desk, while the Projects can be found at the reference section. They can be borrowed for 3 hours for use within the library.
4. GENERAL COLLECTION: This section holds most library materials which can be borrowed out of the library.
5. INFORMATION LITERACY Kenyatta University library system conducts information literacy training to all users as indicated in the Information literacy link
Contact the Ruiru Campus Library:
“The only true equalizers in the world are books; the only treasure-house open to all comers is a library; the only wealth which will not decay is knowledge; the only jewel which you can carry beyond the grave is wisdom.”
~ J. A. Langford