Nakuru Campus Library
Kenyatta University Nakuru Campus Library is housed at the ground floor of the
K.U plaza located along the Nakuru-Eldoret Highway.
LIBRARY OPERATING HOURS
Monday – Friday
8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
NB: The Library is closed on Sundays
- STAFFING: The library has four (4) members of staff.
- CLIENTELE: The campus library serves approximately 850 KU students in all modes of study i.e. on full time, evening, weekend, IBP and DSVOL.
- LIBRARY SERVICES: Some of the services offered in our library include: lending services, current awareness services, online and offline database searches, and reference services.
- OPAC: The library has five computers that are designated for students to access the Online Public Access Catalogue. This section is adjacent to the Circulation desk. Patrons can be guided on how to access the catalogue and online resources which include Journals, Thesis, Books and Past exam papers by the library staff working at the circulation desk.
- COMPUTER LAB: Though not housed inside the library, this section enables the users to access e-resources subscribed by the University library. Configuration of laptops for registered library patrons to access wireless network, training on how to access e-resources training is also done there.
- INFORMATION RESOURCES: The library collection continues to grow with a collection of 5000 volumes including thesis is available for utilization. In addition to the books, online and e-resources are available and can be accessed from the library catalogue.
To enable the users to access our collection with reasonable ease, the collection has been divided as follows:
- SHORT LOAN SECTION: This is a section within the Circulation desk which has books that are on high demand and of course few copies reserved for fair use. All books in this section are borrowed for three hours and used within the library.
- REFERENCE SECTION: This is a reference section for dictionaries, encyclopedias and other materials which can only be used inside the library.
- THESES AND PROJECTS COLLECTION: Theses collection is located at the circulation desk, while the Projects can be found at the reference section. They can be borrowed for 3 hours for use within the library.
- GENERAL COLLECTION: This section holds most library materials which can be borrowed out of the library for long loan depending on the category of library users.
- INFORMATION LITERACY Kenyatta University library system conducts information literacy training to all users as indicated in the Information literacy link
Contact the Nakuru Campus Library:
“I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card” ~ Lady Laura Bush