Mombasa Campus Library
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY MOMBASA CAMPUS LIBRARY
LOCATION: Kenyatta University Mombasa Campus Library is located at the ground floor of the North Wing within the campus compound.
LIBRARY OPERATING HOURS
Monday – Friday 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
NB: The Library remains closed on Sundays and public holidays
- STAFFING: The library has seven (7) members of staff.
- CLIENTELE: The campus library serves approximately 1500 KU students in all modes of study i.e. on full time, part time, IBP and DSVOL.
- LIBRARY SERVICES: Some of the services offered in our library include: lending services, current awareness services, online database searches, and reference services.
- OPAC: The library has one computers reserved for students to access the Online Public Access Catalogue. This section is adjacent to the digital section. Patrons can be guided on how to access the catalogue
- DIGITAL SECTION: This section has 3 computers which enable the users to access e-resources subscribed by the University library. Configuration of laptops for registered library patrons to access wireless network, training on how to access e-resources training is also done there.
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH CENTER: Though part of the library It is located at a separate room (NW 103) with a seating capacity of 46 patrons. This room facilitates Postgraduate students to do their research and study privately.
- INFORMATION RESOURCES: The library has a stock of approximately 11,000 print volumes and a wide range of E-resources (e-books, e-journals and databases).
Our collection has been divided as follows
- SHORT LOAN SECTION: This is a section within the Circulation desk which has books that are on high demand and of course few copies reserved for fair use. All books in this section are borrowed for three hours and used within the library.
- REFERENCE SECTION: Reference materials are for use ONLY. This collection is used to answer quick reference questions. It comprises of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, library classification etc.
- THESES AND PROJECTS COLLECTION: Theses collection is housed at the Post graduate Research Center. They can be borrowed and only used within the research center.
- GENERAL COLLECTION: This collection comprises of textbooks found on the shelves which may be borrowed for use outside the library premises for a duration determined by user category.
- INFORMATION LITERACY Kenyatta University library system conducts information literacy training to all users as indicated in the Information literacy link
Bad libraries build collections, good libraries build services, great libraries build communities.–R. David Lankes