Kericho Campus Library
Kenyatta University Kericho Campus is located in Kericho town at the former Midwest Hotel along Kericho-Nakuru highway.
DAY OPENING TIME CLOSING TIME
Monday – Friday: 8.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Sunday: 2.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
NB: The Library is closed during public holidays
- STAFFING: The library has three members of staff.
- CLIENTELE: The library serves approximately 600 students on IBP and open-learning programs
- LIBRARY SERVICES: Some of the services offered in our library include: Lending (circulation services), Reference and Information Services, Interlibrary loan (with Main Campus), Information Literacy Training, Current Awareness Services and SDI services, Services for users with special needs (speech, Braille, magnifier
- OPAC: The library has six computers that are designated for accessing the OPAC. Students are assisted in accessing online information resources that includes the print resources as well as online databases for E-journals and E-Books. The OPAC has links to Kenyatta University Institutional Repository (IR), and Past Exam papers among other databases that are available online.
- INFORMATION RESOURCES: The library collection is growing tremendously with a collection of approximately 4, 000 books and over 40 journal databases. Through the OPAC, users are able to access over 35, 000 full-text E-books and the print information resources available at all other Kenyatta University Campuses through inter- campus book transfer loans.
To enable the users to access our collection with reasonable ease, the collection has been divided as follows:
- SHORT LOAN SECTION: This is a section within the Circulation Desk which house books that are on high demand. All books in this section are borrowed for three hours and used within the library.
- REFERENCE SECTION: This is a section for dictionaries, encyclopedias and other materials which can only be used inside the library.
- THESES AND PROJECTS COLLECTION: This Section is located next to the Reference section. The materials can only be used within the library.
- GENERAL COLLECTION: This section holds majority of the library materials which can be borrowed out of the library.
- INFORMATION LITERACY Kenyatta University library system conducts information literacy training to all users as indicated in the Information literacy link
Contact of Kericho Campus Library:
“The scholar only knows how dear these silent, yet eloquent, companions of pure thoughts and innocent hours become in the season of adversity. When all that is worldly turns to dross around us, these only retain their steady value.”