Embu Campus Library
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY EMBU CAMPUS LIBRARY
Kenyatta University Embu Campus Library is currently located on the 3rd floor of Ghanshyam Plaza. The state-of -the art facility with over 120 sitting capacity serves both campus students and staff.
DAY OPENING TIME CLOSING TIME
Monday – Friday: 8.00 a.m. – 9.00 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
The Library shall remain closed on Sundays and during public holidays
STAFFING: The library has two members of staff, and one support staff
CLIENTELE: The campus library is purposely set to serve Kenyatta University students and members of staff. However, restricted use of the library resources may be allowed to guests authorized by the Campus administration.
LIBRARY SERVICES: The services offered in Embu Campus library include:
- Information Literacy
- Library Orientation & users registration
- Lending(borrowing) services
- Reference services.
- Current awareness services
- Computer /Internet Access
- Online and offline database searches
- Photocopying services
The library collection has grown tremendously with a collection over 2700 books, 310 thesis, and 82 compact disks. In addition to books the library subscribes to e-books and e-journals which can be accessed from the Library Computer Lab and through the off- campus E-resource Access link.
The Library has OPAC section which is adjacent to circulation desk. This section has three computers where student and staff can access online catalogue and e- resources which include Journals, Thesis, Books and Past exam papers with the help of the library staff.
COMPUTER LABS: This section enables the users to access e-resources subscribed by the University library as well as undertaking their study research. Configuration of laptops for library patrons to access wireless network, training on how to access e-resources is also done in the facility.
Information resources in the library have been arranged (shelved) using Library of Congress classification scheme; therefore users can access them with ease and retrievable.
The library collection has been divided into the following sections:-
- SHORT LOAN SECTION: This is a section within the Circulation desk which reserve books that are on high demand and few copies available. All books in this section are borrowed for three hours and used within the library.
- REFERENCE SECTION: This is a section for dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanac, yearbooks and other reference materials; they are usable only in the library cannot be borrowed.
- THESES AND PROJECTS COLLECTION: Theses collection is located at the circulation desk. Like the short-loan books, these resources can only be borrowed for 3 hours to be used within the library.
- GENERAL COLLECTION: This section holds most library materials from all subject strength and disciplines which can be borrowed for long loan depending on the category of library users.
INFORMATION LITERACY: Kenyatta University library system conducts information literacy training to all users as indicated in the Information literacy link
Contact Embu Campus Library through:
“Books open your mind, broaden your mind and strengthen you as nothing else can.” -William Feather