City Campus Library
KENYATTA UNIVERSITY CITY CAMPUS LIBRARY
LOCATION: The City Center Campus is located along Haile Sellasie Avenue in KU Plaza-A and KU Plaza-B. The library is on the first floor of the KU PLAZA – A.
DAY OPENING & CLOSING TIME
Monday – Friday: 08.00 am to 10.00 pm.
Saturday & Sunday: 08.00 am to 5.00 pm.
This ensures continuous accessibility by all KU students and staff.
- STAFFING: The library has five members of staff, headed by the campus librarian in-charge.
- CLIENTELE: KU City Campus Library serves more than 6000 students, mostly postgraduates. However, the Library is open to all KU students including University staff both teaching and non-teaching.
- LIBRARY SERVICES: Services offered in our library include: lending services, current awareness services (CAS), online and offline database searches, reference services, inducting new students as well as training of both new and continuing students at a personal level on the use of Library resources and the use of information responsibly.
- OPAC: The Library has four computers that are designated for students to access the online Catalogue. This OPAC is strategically placed near the circulation desk hence users can be easily guided by the dedicated staff at the circulation desk on how to use and access the Library catalogue as well as the effective use of E-Resources.
- INFORMATION RESOURSES: The ever growing KU City Campus Library collection totals to over 7700 books with wide subject areas as well as wide range of journals to support the teaching, learning and research programmes of the University. Besides the books-resources are available and can be accessed from the library catalogue.
To enable the users to access our collection with reasonable ease, the collection has been divided as follows:
- SHORT LOAN SECTION: Books on high demand are placed on a shelf behind the circulation counter; these can be borrowed and read within the library for a period of three hours maximum. If a user overstays with a book from this section, overdue charges apply as stipulated in the library rules and regulations.
- REFERENCE SECTION: The Library has a reference section where dictionaries, handbooks and encyclopedia. These reference materials have limited access as one can only use them within the Library.
- THESIS AND PROJECTS: The Library is also now well stocked with the theses. Although, all KU theses and dissertations are available online through the link http://ir-library.ku.ac.ke/
- GENERAL COLLECTION: This section holds the bulk of our information materials. In this section, students are allowed to borrow books for a maximum period of two weeks for undergraduates and four weeks (one month) for postgraduates.
- REFERENCE SERVICES: Our library staff are ready to assist you in all aspects of research. They are committed to providing the students with efficient information materials. Reference assistance is available in person, through email as well as through our Facebook page.
- INFORMATION LITERACY Kenyatta University library system conducts information literacy training to all users as indicated in the Information literacy link
Contact the City Campus Library on:
The journey of a lifetime starts with the turning of a page. ~ Rachel Anders