- Library Catalogue
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) – The library uses KOHA, an Integrated Library Management System – There are computers designated for students to access the OPAC.
- Undergraduates can borrow 6 books for two weeks.
- Postgraduates and staff, ten books for one month.
- Books in great demand are placed on short loan collection where they are borrowed for 3 hours only.
- The shortloan lending services are offered at the Circulation Desk and the Education Subject Counter.
- Reference and Biographical Services
- Literature searches
- Use of electronic and other databases
- Selective dissemination of information
- Current awareness
- Online and off-line database searches
- Document imaging/digitization
- Book exhibition
An Information Desk is provided for quick queries.
- Reading Facilities
Available in most areas of the Library, including a few study carrels for staff and postgraduates.
- Special Services
- Talking books
- Talking newspapers
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Other personalized services
- Use of Library/Resources
Only bona-fide members of the University who are registered members of the Library are authorized to use these facilities. Registered members are required to observe library regulations.
- Other Library/ Documentation Services
- Bureau of Educational Research
- Basic Education Resource Center
- Departmental resource libraries
- Home Economics
- Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
Arrangements can be made for postgraduate students and staff to use and borrow documents from other libraries in Nairobi. A letter of introduction is necessary to use those libraries.
- Online Access
- Library Computer Lab
- Wireless access Laptop
Users are required to observe rules governing the use of laptops in the Library.